Brochure Type: Preview Europe and Britain 2022
Embrace adventure on this Iceland journey and Blue Lagoon trip featuring all the natural and manmade highlights of this ethereal world of fire and ice. The highlights? A walk in the ancient Thingvellir National Park and rewarding soak with the locals in geothermal waters.
- Discover Reykjavik
- Visit Akranes Museum Centre and the 'Golden Circle' (Gullfoss Waterfall, Geysir Hot Spring Area and Thingvellir National Park) and the geothermal Blue Lagoon
- View Harpa Concert Hall, Austurvollur Square, Hallgrimskirkja Church, Waterfalls at Hraunfoss and Barnafoss, Deildartunguhver Hot Spring, Snaefellsnes Peninsula (Stykkisholmur, Arnarstapi, Snaefelljsokull National Park and Borgarnes), Sellfoss and Reykjanes Peninsula (Strandarkikja and Grindavik)
- See Hvalfjorður (Whale Bay), Grundarfjorður Fishing Village, Lake Kleifarvatn and Krysuvik
- 5 breakfasts
- 4 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
Call (864) 225-5588 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15149541
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 6 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Reykjavik||Welcome to Reykjavik: Your epic journey through lush lava fields and the windswept landscapes of Iceland begins in the quirky capital of Reykjavik. The northernmost capital of the world seems infused with vivid colour, from the bustling byway of Laugavegur to the enthusiasm of the city's friendly locals. Spend time exploring Iceland's Viking heritage, pay tribute to the sun and snap a selfie in front of The Sun Voyager or stroll around the lively Old Harbour before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception to kick-start your love affair with Iceland.|
|Day 2||Reykholt and on to Borganes||Journey to Reykholt and on to Borganes: Explore the small capital city of Reykjavik on a sightseeing tour this morning. View all the city's major attractions including the Parliament, the Harpa Concert Hall, and the city's main landmark, the Hallgrimskirkja Church, perched at the top of a hill in the heart of the city. Leave the city behind and travel through the undersea tunnel Hvalfjorðr to Akranes, whose local Museum Centre you'll have an opportunity to visit before enjoying views of the rugged coastline from the town's lighthouse. View Deildartunguhver, Europe's highest-flowing hot spring, where you could choose to bathe in healing glacial waters as part of an Optional Experience. Then, head to Reykholt, famously the former 13th-century home of one of Iceland's most loved authors, Snorri Sturluson. Nature takes centre stage this afternoon, when you view Hraunfoss and nearby Barnafoss, both beautiful waterfalls in their own right and a soul-stirring way to end your day.|
|Day 3||A Day to Explore the Snaefellsnes Peninsula||A Day to Explore the Snaefellsnes Peninsula: Bundle up warmly as you make your way to the wild, sea swept landscapes of the Snaefellsnes Peninsula this morning. You'll soon discover why the Peninsula is fondly referred to as 'Iceland in miniature' for encompassing every one of Iceland's most magnificent natural treasures - volcanoes, lava fields, glaciers, waterfalls and more - in just 55 miles. Explore on your own or consider joining an Optional Experience on a cruise of Breidafjordur Bay. Soak up the sights, sample Viking 'sushi' and marvel at the quaint fishing villages and black sand beaches. Keep your eyes peeled for the star of the show, the Snaefellsjokull glacier. The beautifully shaped stratovolcano is known as the location for Jules Verne's novel 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth'. Return to your hotel in Borgarnes to enjoy an evening at leisure.|
|Day 4||Onwards through Thingvellir National Park to Gullfoss, Geysir and Selfoss||Onwards through Thingvellir National Park to Gullfoss, Geysir and Selfoss: Mother Nature's magic touch can be seen around every turn on today's exploration of Iceland's 'Golden Circle'. Visit the 'Golden Waterfall' of Gullfoss, saved at the turn of the last century by the tenacity of a farmer's daughter who threatened to throw herself into its depths if it was developed for hydroelectric power. Then, head to the world-famous hot spring area of Geysir and see Strokkur shoot a spectacular plume of water and steam high into the air. You'll see first-hand how the movements of the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates have carved into the Earth's crust, in the UNESCO-listed Thingvellir National Park, before stopping at Efstidalur Dairy Farm for a quick ice cream tasting. This evening, Connect With Locals with a local storyteller and her songwriter husband, and delve into their colourful family history, then join them for dinner at an exclusive Be My Guest experience. Continue to Selfoss later, where you'll stay overnight.|
|Day 5||Reykjanes and Blue Lagoon and Return to Reykjavik||Admire Reykjanes and Blue Lagoon and Return to Reykjavik: You can almost feel the Earth simmering under the surface as you journey across Reykjanes Peninsula, a UNESCO Global Geopark. This is the only place in the world where the Mid-Atlantic Ridge is visible above sea level. View Strandarkikja and let some of its legendary powers bring you good luck. Then, watch as sulphurous steam emerges from the lunar landscapes surrounding Lake Kleifarvatn. Continue to Grindavik - its long-standing fishing heritage visible in the harbour. Dive Into Culture at the world-famous Blue Lagoon (please remember to pack your swimwear), whose steaming turquoise waters are said to have healing powers. For an extra special treat, rub some of the lagoon's famous silica-mud on your skin and enjoy a sauna with lagoon views. This evening, we reminisce over the myths and legends we've encountered along the way, during a Farewell Dinner with newfound friends and your Travel Director.|
|Day 6||Iceland||Farewell Iceland: For now, it's time to say a fond farewell to Iceland after an unforgettable trip. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Special Rate Solo Rooming: Departures 18 April and 2 May 2021 will include 20 - 100% discount on our standard single supplement.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class