Essence of India with Ranthambore - Summer 2021
Brochure Type: 2021-2022 Worldwide
A quintessential Indian journey, this majestic itinerary showcases the rich heritage of India's bustling cities, renowned temples and exotic jungles. Marvel at the beauty of the Taj Mahal with its ethereal hues, search for the elusive Bengal Tiger on former royal hunting grounds and stroll through a traditional spice market in Jaipur. Allow your Travelling Concierge to show you India at its finest.
- Delhi: Enjoy the local flavours of India with a welcome drink and dinner at your hotel.
- Jaipur: Savour a delicious Celebration Dinner with wine at the fantastic Cinnamon Restaurant in Jai Mahal Palace.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B), 4 Lunches (L), 3 Dinners (D) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Indian Festivals: Truly experience India by travelling during one of its famed festivals. Holi is the festival of colour, symbolising the end of winter and encourages the people to play, laugh, forgive and forget. Diwali is the festival of light celebrated by lighting oil lamps and fireworks to welcome in the Hindu New Year. Refer to dates and date chart notes to find out which departures travel during these wonderful, cultural experiences.
- Delhi: Enjoy a rickshaw ride through the bustling streets of Old Delhi.
- Delhi: See the Red Fort and visit Qutub Minar. Drive along the Rajpath to view the India Gate and Parliament House.
- Delhi: Led by your Travelling Concierge, explore the impressive Jama Masjid, India's largest mosque.
- Delhi: Visit a Sikh temple and its community kitchen, a place preparing and serving free vegetarian meals to those in need.
- Agra: Inside Agra's red sandstone fortress, witness the fairytale palaces, audience halls and mosques of the Mughal rulers.
- Agra: Visit the majestic Taj Mahal, bathed in the first rays of dawn, and learn about this romantic national icon.
- Bhraratpur: Enjoy a ride on the express train from Bhraratpur to Ranthambore.
- Ranthambore: Venture inside this former royal hunting ground and enjoy two game safaris with a naturalist.
- Jaipur: Ascend by jeep to stroll through the sprawling complex of courtyards and halls of Amber Fort. Enjoy the shimmering mirrored walls and ceilings, the airy rooms that housed queens and concubines, and the wonderful views of the surrounding countryside.
- Jaipur: Watch girls threading garlands to be used for offerings, when you visit the flower market. Marvel at the sights and smells as you explore the spice market.
- Jaipur: During a city tour with your Travelling Concierge see the Hawa Mahal, the Palace of Winds and visit the Jantar Mantar, the Royal observatory built in 1726.
- Jaipur: Meet the ladies of Pink City Rickshaw as they take on on a city tour of Jaipur. Listen to their stories of growing up in the slums to proudly developing their skills to be part of to be part of this inspiring opportunity. If you need more this is another: Headline: AGRA Visit the majestic Taj Mahal, bathed in the first rays of dawn, and learn about this romantic national icon.
- New Delhi: Old world charm blended with contemporary style, the Taj Mahal Hotel is an established hotel with a prime address in the leafy Lutyens' diplomatic quarter. Situated amidst 6 acres of landscaped grounds and featuring modern Indian-style decor, perfect for city exploration.
- Agra: A luxury hotel, which lies a whisper away from the breath-taking Taj Mahal. Only a short walk away from the Eastern Gate of this fabled monument this hotel offers the perfect place to relax and take in views of the Taj from the infinity pool.
- Ranthambore: The Nahargarh Ranthambhore lies nestled at the foot hills of Aravalli Range neighbouring the Ranthambore National Park. The hotel boasts modern facilities and a superb restaurant offering global cuisine.
- Jaipur: Set in 18 acres of Mughal style gardens, Jai Mahal Palace showcases Rajasthan's stunning heritage. Savour authentic flavours of royal Indian cuisines at Cinnamon restaurant or unwind with a relaxing treatment at Jiva Spa.
- Jaipur: Savour a locally-inspired high tea in a private living room of the Maharaja, within the Jaipur City Palace. Explore rooms not open to other visitors and see the spectacular crystal table handcrafted by renowned artisan Rene Lalique.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas. See booking conditions for exemptions.
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to included train travel to safari jeep and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Guests will be transferred with fellow Luxury Gold Travellers that arrive on the same flight. Complimentary, private train station transfers are included when train travel is included within the itinerary. Transfers to train stations or alternate hotels, in the same start or end city of the itinerary, may be requested but are not guaranteed.
Call (864) 225-5588 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15519770
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Delhi||Delhi, a Rich Melting Pot.: Welcome to vibrant India! A delightful melting pot of old and new, you'll start in dynamic Delhi, with its bustling backstreets, rich history and wealth of colours. On arrival at Indira Gandhi International Airport, you will be greeted with a traditional floral garland and transferred to your hotel, the elegant Taj Mahal Hotel, situated in the heart of the leafy boulevards of Lutyens. At 19:00, join your Travelling Concierge and fellow travellers for your Welcome Dinner. (Dinner with Wine)|
Taj Mahal, New Delhi.
|Day 2||Delhi||Delhi Sightseeing.: In the morning you'll be taken to Old Delhi, driving past the Red Fort, the main residence of the Mughal dynasty until 1856. View this magnificent building from outside, before heading on a guided tour of Jama Masjid, one of the largest mosques in India. Explore Delhi Your Way. Meet a well-known chef for a local foodie walk in Old Deli, where you'll witness the creation of Delhi's famous street food snacks. Alternatively, visit Qutub Minar, a UNESCO world Heritage Site, and enjoy lunch. Explore the winding streets of lively Chandni Chowk in local fashion, via an exhilarating rickshaw ride. In the afternoon, visit a Sikh temple and its community kitchen, a place preparing and serving free vegetarian meals to locals, travellers and those in need. Later, drive past the impressive President Palace, India gate and Parliament House. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
Taj Mahal, New Delhi.
|Day 3||Agra||An Agra Adventure.: In the morning, you'll begin your journey to Agra. The main residence of the emperors of the Mughal Dynasty, this historical fort is made up of a number of impressive buildings, including the Sheesh Mahal or 'glass palace' and the The Muthamman Burj. It may not hold the same fame as the nearby Taj Mahal, but it is no less impressive. Stay in and enjoy your hotel's invigorating facilities or head on a Mughal heritage walk, where you'll get to meet locals and learn more about their life and the history of the area in the shadow of the Taj Mahal. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Taj Hotel and Convention Centre, Agra.
|Day 4||Ranthambore||The Taj Mahal and Ranthambore.: At sunrise, visit the illustrious phenomenon that is the Taj Mahal, a monument of love and flawless architectural creation, built by an emperor in memory of his beloved queen. After breakfast at your hotel, you'll begin your journey to Bharatpur, where you will be served lunch at the lavish Laxmi Niwas Palace. Later, transfer to Bharatpur Junction train station, where you'll board a train to Sawai Madhopur. On arrival you'll be transferred to your hotel, Nahargarh Ranthambhore. Built in the style of a traditional Rajput hunting palace, this dreamy venue is nestled in the foothills of the Aravalli Range, near the Ranthambore National Park. Head to your imperial rooms before joining your fellow travellers for Dinner with Wine. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 5||Ranthambore||In Search of Tigers in Ranthambore.: Start with an early morning journey into the former private hunting grounds of the maharajahs of Jaipur, in search of the elusive tiger. More commonly seen in the dry, deciduous forest are the wild boars, monkeys, spotted deer and antelopes, but if you are ever going to witness tigers in their natural habitat, this is the place. Return to your resort for breakfast and a day at leisure. At dusk, enjoy another foray into the national park with an expert naturalist. Besides the wildlife, there are also lakes, ruins of palaces, traditional Chhatri, old fortifications and a majestic 1,000-year-old fort within the park. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 6||Jaipur||Jaipur, the Pink City.: Travel through the rural countryside where flat, green fields are abundant with brightly coloured flowers. Your destination is the stunning Rajasthan capital of Jaipur. More affectionately known as the Pink City, this pretty destination owes its name to a visit from Queen Victoria in 1876, when all its buildings were painted pink as a sign of hospitality. Later, ascend by jeep to Amber Fort, with its royal halls decorated with intricate ivory, mirrors, glass and exquisite paintings. Today you'll experience India's spiritual majesty, with a special blessing ceremony at Amber Fort. Your Highlight Dinner will be served at the opulent 1135 A.D, with its royal interior, traditional music and breathtaking sunset views. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
Jai Mahal Palace, Jaipur.
|Day 7||Jaipur||Jaipur Sightseeing.: Your morning is free to enjoy the facilities at your hotel. Perhaps book a treatment at its spa, or take a dip in its outdoor pool, brightly decorated by the red and yellow printed sunbeds that surround it. Alternatively, you may choose between an interesting artisan walking tour of the old city of Jaipur, or a visit to the Block Printing and Blue Pottery Workshop. After lunch, see the Hawa Mahal, or the Palace of Winds, and visit Jantar Mantar, the observatory, constructed between 1727 and 1734 by Maharajah Jai Singh II. During the tour, you will visit the flower and spice market, filled with colours and smells to ignite the senses. Enjoy a locally-inspired high tea in a private living room of the Maharaja, within Jaipur's City Palace. This VIP experience is exclusive to Luxury Gold Guests. In the evening, meet the ladies of Pink City Rickshaw, a company dedicated to supporting the employment of women from low income households. Listen as they recount stories of their lives from growing up in the slums to proudly developing their skills to be part of this inspiring opportunity. Delight in their enthusiasm and knowledge as they take you on a city tour of Jaipur. Toast to your travels at a Celebration Dinner at Cinnamon Restaurant in Jai Mahal Palace. The restaurant blends traditional and contemporary cuisine from the four princely states of India. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Jai Mahal Palace, Jaipur.
|Day 8||Depart Delhi||Depart Delhi.: After breakfast, transfer will take you to Jaipur Airport for your onward flight to Delhi. Please do not schedule flights departing Delhi before 21:00. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Visas: Visas are required for this trip, please speak to your Travel Agent at time of booking to assess your requirements. Special Small Groups: All departures are limited to just 24 guests. Group Size: For departures with less than 4 guests there is a more personal service with Local Experts in each location in lieu of a Travelling Concierge. Guests are met on arrival and escorted to all sightseeing experiences with a private transfer between each location/city. (30 Oct) Indian Festivals: This departure experiences Diwali in Jaipur. (12 Mar) This departure experiences Holi in Jaipur. (09 Oct, 08 Jan and 29 Mar) Indian Festivals: 9 Oct departure will experience Dussehra Festival in Jaipur, 08 Jan departure will experience Makar Sankranti Festival and Lohri Festival in Jaipur, 29 March departure will experience Gangaur Teej Festival in Jaipur. (30 Oct) Indian Festivals: This departure has dinner and Diwali celebrations in Jaipur with a local family in lieu of the Celebration Dinner. (12 Mar) Indian Festivals: This departure experiences Holi festival and dinner with a local family in lieu of dinner at 1135 A.D. restaurant. For departures between January 2021 and April 2021 please refer to the 2020 itinerary.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class