GLOBUS 2021: The Best of Austria & Switzerland (ZC)
11 days from Vienna to Zurich
The hills are alive with the sound of music, the aroma of strudel, and the taste of schnitzel. In addition to the fables, falsettos, and flavors of two of Europe's most scenic countries, a symphony of sights awaits your arrival on this scenic tour of Austria and Switzerland. Palaces and castles, peaks and glaciers, moving scenery, and famous movie scenes are all on the itinerary. As you make the stunning journey from melodious Vienna to metropolitan Zurich, you'll experience the breathtaking scenery in a variety of ways. Cruise down the dreamy Danube, board the Glacier Express train for the car-free mountain resort of Zermatt, and frolic in the same Austrian locations as Julie Andrews did in the hit movie The Sound of Music. At the end of your eye-opening and ear-pleasing vacation, 'So long, farewell' will be the hardest words to utter.
Call (864) 225-5588 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15832381
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2021
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Vienna||Welcome to Vienna! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant. (D)|
|Day 2||Vienna||VIENNA Guided sightseeing includes Schonbrunn Palace and Heldenplatz. Free time this afternoon. (B)|
|Day 3||Salzburg||MELK Danube River cruise.MONDSEE Visit the Parish Church.SALZBURG Guided walking tour includes Mirabell Gardens, the Great Festival Hall, and Residenz Square. (B) 242 mi / 390 km|
|Day 4||Salzburg||SALZBURG Free day. (B)|
|Day 5||St. Moritz||INNSBRUCK Walk through the Old Town to the Golden Roof. Free time to browse.Scenic drive into the Swiss Engadine en route to St. Moritz. (B,D) 236 mi / 380 km|
|Day 6||Zermatt||CHUR [LF] Glacier Express train ride to Zermatt includes lunch on board. (B,L)149 mi / 240 km|
|Day 7||Zermatt||ZERMATT Free day. (B,D)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Zermatt with an excursion to the Matterhorn Glacier by cable car. This and many more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time with your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 8||Berne||ZERMATT Mountain train ride to Tasch.CHILLON [LF] Guided visit of the castle and wine tasting. (B) 155 mi / 250 km|
|Day 9||Lucerne||BERNE Guided walking tour includes a stop at Bear Park, panoramic views of the city from the Rose Garden and the Old Town.INTERLAKEN Free time for lunch en route to Lucerne. (B) 75 mi / 120 km|
|Day 10||Lucerne||LUCERNE Walking tour includes the Lion monument, the Old Town, and the Chapel Bridge. [LF] Private boat cruise this evening followed by farewell dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 11||Zurich||Your vacations ends with breakfast this morning.Morning transfer to Zurich Airport in time for homebound flights leaving no earlier than 10 am. Extra nights are available in Zurich. (B) 34 mi / 55 km|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).