When's the last time you laughed like a hyena? Pack your khakis, greys, and greens and get ready for the ride of your life-or rides, rather! This classic African safari vacation packs in 10 game drives to see lion, leopard, zebra, giraffe, and countless other creatures of Kenya's most famous national parks and wildlife reserves. Come face to face with adventure in custom-made 6-person 4-wheel-drive safari vehicles manned by expert safari guides. Take in the best views of the 'Big 5,' the Samburu 'Special 5,' and every impala, ostrich, and gazelle in between-all in their natural habitats. Need to slow down and put on the brakes? Sumptuous safari lodges and comfortable tented camps, breakfast in the bush, and late day sundowner drinks present the perfect opportunities to rest near the rhinos, raise a mimosa to the monkeys, and say cheers to the cheetahs. Just try to camouflage your excitement.Feeding endangered giraffes at the Giraffe Center, meeting orphaned elephant calves at the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, and visiting the former home of Out of Africa author Karen Blixen are just a few highlights when you add Nairobi, Kenya's capital city and concrete jungle, to your tour of Africa. Get ready for big game, grand views, and even grander memories when you add Amboseli National Park to your tour of Africa. Crowned by Mount Kilimanjaro, this massive elephant stomping ground is one of Africa's best places to get up close to large herds in a variety of habitats.
Call (864) 225-5588 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15832491
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2021
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Nairobi||Welcome to Nairobi! Hotel check-in available mid-afternoon.|
|Day 2||Nairobi||NAIROBI Guided sightseeing starts at the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust orphanage where you'll learn about elephant conservation and meet orphaned elephant calves. After lunch, visit Karen Blixen Museum, dedicated to the author of Out of Africa and the Giraffe Center, a non-profit organization focused on saving the Rothschild's giraffe. Free time in the late afternoon and evening. (B,L)|
|Day 3||Samburu National Reserve||NAIROBI Drive to Mount Kenya region.MOUNT KENYA Lunch at the famed Mount Kenya Safari Club includes stunning views of Mount Kenya. Drive to Samburu National Reserve, home to the Samburu 'Special 5,' a collection of unique animals, including Grevy's zebra, reticulated giraffe, Somali ostrich, beisa oryx, and gerenuk. SAMBURU NATIONAL RESERVE Afternoon game drive. (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||Samburu||SAMBURU Morning and afternoon game drives with free time at your lodge in between. Sundowner drinks in the bush with sunset views over the Ewaso Ng'iro River. (B,L,D)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Samburu with a visit to a local Samburu village to learn about their culture. This and more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 5||Ol Pejeta Conservancy||SAMBURU Drive to Ol Pejeta Conservancy, the largest black rhino sanctuary in East Africa.OL PEJETA Afternoon game drive and visit to the [LF] Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary. (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||Lake Nakuru National Park||OL PEJETA Morning game drive. Scenic drive through the Kenyan highlands to Lake Nakuru National Park, a small ecologically diverse park. LAKE NAKURU Free time at your lodge this evening. (B,L,D)|
|Day 7||Lake Nakuru||LAKE NAKURU Morning game drive includes an exclusive [LF] bush breakfast with mimosas. Free time at your lodge before an afternoon game drive. (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||Maasai Mara National Reserve||LAKE NAKURU Drive to Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya's most famous game area. MAASAI MARA Afternoon game drive. (B,L,D)|
|Day 9||Maasai Mara||MAASAI MARA Morning and afternoon game drives with free time to relax at your camp in between. Special [LF] farewell bush dinner this evening includes a [LF] traditional Maasai dance performance. (B,L,D)|
|Day 10||Amboseli National Park||MAASAI MARA Fly (via Nairobi) to Amboseli National Park, known for spectacular views of Mount Kilimanjaro. AMBOSELI Afternoon game drive. (B,D)|
|Day 11||Amboseli||AMBOSELI Morning and afternoon game drives with free time to enjoy your lodge amenities in between. (B,L,D)|
|Day 12||Nairobi||AMBOSELI Drive back to Nairobi.NAIROBI Drop off at the Ole Sereni Hotel where a day room has been reserved for your use. Schedule departing flights after 5 pm.|
- US$ Price Details
Dates & Prices do not include air travel. Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Monograms, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only, starting at $445. Required intra-vacation air segment: Maasai Mara/Amboseli. Air prices were effective on July 14, 2020 and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your vacation, air prices may be higher.Park entrance fees of $515 per person are included.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).