Brochure Type: TT & BV Europe Summer 2024 v1
Savour shared moments with locals enjoying sangria in sun-dappled courtyards, zesty paella and the sounds of the Spanish guitar. On this journey, you'll explore the wonders of Spain, from the ornate walls of the Alhambra to the Gothic Cathedral and Giralda Bell Tower in Seville.
- Explore Toledo, Madrid, Cordoba, Seville and Barcelona with a Local Specialist
- Discover Valencia
- Visit an inlaid steel factory, the Synagogue and Santo Tome in Toledo, Mosque of the Caliphs in Cordoba?, the Cathedral in Seville, the Alhambra Palace in Granada and Montjuic Hill in Barcelona
- View the Royal Palace and Cibeles Fountain in Madrid, the Cave Homes of Guadix, the Serrano and Quart Towers and the City of Arts and Sciences complex in Valencia and La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona
- Madrid: Drive through central Madrid and see some of the city's famous features during an orientation with your Travel Director.
- Madrid: See the highlights of the city with your Local Specialist. Visit the Old Town, travelling along the elegant Paseo de la Castellana, past the Cibeles fountain, Cervantes Monument and Royal Palace.
- Toledo: Explore this magnificent ancient city with your Local Specialist and visit the Church of Santo Tome to see an El Greco masterpiece.
- Cordoba: Explore the incredible Mezquita with your Local Specialist. Admire the forest of horseshoe arches and learn how this building symbolises many of Cordoba's religious changes over the centuries.
- Seville: Guided by your Local Specialist, see the Giralda Tower, former minaret of the Great Mosque and now the cathedral's belltower. Explore the narrow streets of the Santa Cruz Quarter and emerge by the great walls of the Alcazar.
- Granada: Visit the famous Alhambra Palace and Generalife Gardens. Explore with a Local Specialist keen to share insights into this Moorish landmark.
- Guadix: See the cave homes that embellish the hills around Guadix.
- Valencia: See the ultra-modern Centre of Arts and Sciences and the historic bullring of Valencia during an orientation drive with your Travel Director.
- Peniscola: See the castle featured in the film 'El Cid'.
- Barcelona: With your Local Specialist, see Las Ramblas and the elegant Passeig de Gracia to take in some of the city's finest Modernist architecture. Journey past the beautiful facades of the Eixample district to see Gaudi's extraordinary masterpiece, the mesmerising Sagrada Familia.
- Toledo: The invincible swords of Toledo have defended cities for centuries. Visit an inlaid steel factory in Toledo to see local craftsmen forging the highest quality steel.
- Seville: Enjoy a traditional Andalusian Be My Guest dinner and the charming company of the Morillo family. A welcome drink of sangria in their sun-dappled courtyard before learning how they produce olive oil.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (864) 225-5588 for more information or to book today! Mention code 17113029
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2023
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Madrid||Welcome to Madrid: The lively capital of Spain is our launchpad to a memorable encounter with one of Europe's most soulful destinations. Relax in the lush surrounds of Buen Retiro Park, shop up a storm on Gran Via or people-watch over coffee and churros con chocolate in the Puerta del Sol. This evening, join your fellow travellers and Travel Director for an orientation drive to see some of the city's most iconic sights, followed by a Welcome Reception.|
Ayre Gran Colon
|Day 2||Toledo||Explore Vibrant Toledo Dive Into Culture: We head to Toledo, the former capital of Spain, where we join a Local Specialist for a walking tour of this city that dates back to Roman times. We'll visit a traditional factory and Dive Into Culture, witnessing the age-old inlaid-steel craft, before seeing one of El Greco's most famous paintings in the Church of Santo Tome - 'The Burial of the Count of Orgaz'. We'll also visit the synagogue, before returning to Madrid where we'll admire the Royal Palace and Cibeles Fountain with our Local Specialist. Spend the evening on your own, or delve into the sights and flavours of Spain's capital with an Optional Experience.|
Ayre Gran Colon
|Day 3||Cordoba and on to Seville||Journey to Cordoba and on to Seville Connect with Locals: Journeying south through La Mancha, we arrive in Cordoba, once a significant Moorish capital. Join a Local Specialist to visit the Mosque of the Caliphs and learn about centuries of Moorish rule and its influence on the culture and architecture of the region. We travel to flamboyant Seville, our home for the next two nights.
This evening, we Connect With Locals, joining the Morillo family for a Be My Guest experience at their olive oil farm, where you'll learn how oil is produced from their 6,000 trees and get to sample some of their produce.|
|Day 4||Discover Seville's Sights||Discover Seville's Sights: This morning, we meet our Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour of Seville. View the symbolic Giralda Bell Tower, see the Moorish-inspired Maria Luisa Park, with its tiled fountains, pavilions and ponds, and walk through the imposing Plaza de Espana. Marvel at the ornate tomb of Christopher Columbus in the cathedral, then take a walk through the former Jewish Quarter.
This evening, consider an Optional Experience to see, hear and feel the mysterious and ineffable charm of a traditional flamenco show.|
Zenit, Occidental Viapol
|Day 5||Granada||Onwards to Granada: Multicultural Granada takes centre stage today, as we visit the magnificent Alhambra in the company of a Local Specialist. An exquisite example of Moorish architecture, the Alhambra complex was built towards the end of Islamic rule in Spain. Wander through the exotic water gardens of the Generalife, the royal Summer Palace, once linked to the other palaces by a covered walkway across the ravine.|
|Day 6||Valencia||Admire Iconic Architecture in Guadix and on to Valencia: This morning, we journey via the Mora Pass to Guadix in the northern foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains. We'll see the whitewashed troglodyte dwellings lodged into the ochre-coloured cliffs of the surrounding area, then travel to Valencia, where we'll see the Bullring and admire the medieval architecture of the Quart and Serranos towers. Embrace the city's spirit of innovation and stop to view the City of Arts and Sciences, a large-scale urban recreation centre for culture and science.
This evening, dine at your hotel, and perhaps take to the vibrant streets of the Old Quarter.|
|Day 7||Peniscola and Barcelona||Off to Coastal Peniscola and Barcelona: Head north, along the coast through the Levant region, and stop at Peniscola, the 'City in the Sea'. View the ancient castle of the 'Spanish Pope', built by the Knights Templar and used in the film, 'El Cid'.
Then, journey along the Costa Dorada to Barcelona with its whimsical Gaudi architecture. Admire this famous architect's talents as we view his unfinished La Sagrada Familia, which has been under construction since 1882. See the Placa de Catalunya and pay tribute to the great Christopher Columbus, with your Local Specialist. From the hill of Montjuic, we'll enjoy panoramic views of this enchanting city.
Enjoy a free evening to spend as you wish. Ramble through El Born for delicious tapas or consider visiting a Catalan-style restaurant for a delicious dinner of local specialities.|
|Day 8||Barcelona||Uncover Gaudi's Barcelona: Explore centuries of history, contemporary culture and exquisite art and architecture on your day at leisure. Stroll the elegant Passeig de Gracia Avenue, ramble down the Ramblas, or join an Optional Experience to the monastery perched atop the mountain of Montserrat to see the mystical Black Madonna, the patron saint of Catalonia.
This evening, we celebrate a memorable journey through Spain with our newfound friends and Travel Director at a Farewell Dinner.|
|Day 9||Spain||Farewell Spain: Bid a fond adios to Spain at the end of a memorable holiday. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class